Thursday 15 January 2015

Perodua Viva : Proride Sport Springs

Last month, for my birthday, I decided to install a new set of springs for my Viva. The original Viva springs was too soft for my liking, and when I had to bring my family out, the rear will scrape badly as the rear springs were too soft.

Proride Performance Springs / Sport Springs/ Lowered Springs
So, I went to the nearest Proride dealer at Rubber Road, Satok, Kuching to get a set of the springs. The cost of the spring + installation was RM300 after discount, and at that time, the springs for Viva was out of stock, so they decided to install Kelisa/Kenari front springs and Myvi rear springs for my car.

Rear view before installation

Notice the clearance between the ground and the car body
The general rule of thumb on how to measure your car's height is to use your fingers. Measure the distance between the car's fender and tyre, and put your hands sideways. My initial car height was 4 fingers. 

Installing the front springs

Front height after installing lowered springs

The original height at the rear of the car
Jacking up the rear of the car
Lowered height
I sold off my old springs and now I'm happy with my ride height and comfort. The car went all the way to Serian with my lowered springs and I can hit 140km/h with the car still being stable.

Price : RM270
Comfort : ★ 
Value for Money : ★ 

No comments:

Post a Comment