Wednesday 13 July 2016

A Series of Unfortunate Events

During the entire life of the Viva, it had its share of series of unfortunate events. The tyre was changed early this year, all 4 of it, with Continental CC5, and within these few months, one was punctured with a screwdriver in front of my old house, one burst when going back to Sibu, and another one was swollen from the incident.

Incident 1
A screwdriver
This happened in May where I was just about to go to class. When the car was inside the house compound, nothing unusual happened. The tyres were all inflated and there was nothing on the floor. When I was about to leave the house after closing the gate, I heard a loud sound coming from the rear. To my absolute surprise, the tyre was punctured. After changing to a spare tyre, I thought that it was just a small screw, and when I got the tyre fixed, it was actually a 15cm Philips/flathead screwdriver lodged deep inside the tyre. Thank goodness nothing bad happened afterwards.

Cost of damage : RM8 for repair.

Incident 2
At the scene
While travelling back to Sibu from Kuching, with my dad at the back using another car, we went to Sibu using another route. Usually after Sarikei, I would usually drive to Lanang Bridge as it is closer to Sibu, but during the unfateful day, my dad wanted to use another route. It is called Jalan KJD, and from Sarikei, it links Kanowit, Julau and Durin, and the Sibu Airport. The road is a dual-carriageway, and my dad insisted on using it just to avoid the traffic jam at Lanang Bridge, as it was a holiday that time.

After passing Julau, the road was empty and looked smooth. I speed up and assumed that there is nothing wrong with the road. After passing a bridge, there was a small hill of spilled cement on the road. I could not avoid it as it was smack in the middle of the road. Tried slowing down and avoiding it, but it tore my left tyre.

Basically torn.
The story doesn't end there. The next day, we sent the car to get a new tyre to replace the ripped one. While replacing the ripped one, I noticed that the other tyre was swollen.

Swollen tyre
Total damage was RM380 for the tyres and additional RM60 for balancing and alignment.

Pity me darling :(


Bad luck eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment