Thursday 10 March 2016

An Old Friend of Mine

I’m not sure if anyone visits my blog anymore, since I don’t post or write up on anything since long ago, but then, if you’re here, welcome. It’s my final semester and in my final year, so things are really messed up and it’s gotten into my head. I literally don’t have time for anything, and if I have time, I would use up my time to sleep.

I've grown large over the months.


There are tons of minor car projects that I’ve done on my Viva but then, my hands are full and tied, so there is no time for me to write up on it. Current progress since my last update was; spraying the front bumper to the body colour, installed a set of carpets, and retint my car so that it’s darker. Basically what I’ve done is barely legal, and it’s up to constant updates online to keep me updated on where the current location of roadblocks are. Lucky me.

This semester, as mentioned earlier, is my final semester, and contrary to popular belief, it’s not exactly the most enjoyable semester yet. My schedule is packed and I’m dealing with so many things at one moment. Final year projects, campaigns, various talks, classes, lectures, assignments, to name a few. I do feel dragged down to earth and kissing every dirt that’s smearing all over my face because that is the only analogy that I can describe to tell how life is right now. And to top it all off, the Industrial Training. No response from both companies. Still keeping both my fingers crossed. I’m worried.

Campaigns? I’m now the Project Director (Pengarah Projek, the name sounds so WOW but it’s hell actually) for the Work-Life Balance Campaign that is going to be held on the 25th April this year. It’s a huge event, and I’ve been given responsibility to run this programme without training wheels. I have no experience in handling such an event, but, a challenge is definitely something that I can handle, and this is a challenge for my personal development as a person and a future graduate. Handling a team of 12, with 60+ under them, is definitely a huge challenge. It’s still in the proposal stage, but when it is ready, I may make a post on it. I can assure you, if things are going as planned, you might see some familiar faces in the post.

The WLB Committee. Come on, where can you get a sporting boss like me? #eh

What keeps me afloat right now is her. Ivy. My best friend, my sister, my rival, my counselor, my advisor, my PA, and most importantly, my soulmate. She’s been there for me through thick and thin, and when at times that it seemed that all hope is lost for me to keep moving on, she’s there to push me up and keep me afloat in the big sea. Life has not really been kind enough to me, and sometimes, I can barely catch a breath, but she’s my main advisor on what to do even though the response would sometimes be “aku sik tauk!” She’s also my best friend when it comes to food. Both of us gained a substantial amount of weight when we’re together just because we love food so much!

Car updates? Soon. When I have time to breathe and I can find all the pictures I need to create a post. I do have a post on how to DIY yourself to spraypaint your car using aerosol rattle cans, and I would give you recommendation on what to buy and what to get. When I have time, I’ll post it.

Thy humble project. 

I’ll be busy with a career talk by Shell & Yayasan Sarawak this Saturday at CENTEX Santubong, and God how I dread the drive there, and it’s early in the morning! Perhaps there is a silver lining amongst the dark clouds, so, there I will be.

I do have a blog post still on draft, I'll see what I can do later. Till then, I need to get back on my final year project, and prepare myself for what’s coming ahead. Wish me luck, and Godspeed.

Aaron.


P.S. I don’t have any social media accounts to shout about. But I do have a Twitter account. Go follow me at @aaronsekai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment